“On a positive note we now know for certain he went painlessly and beautifully exhausted after doing what he loved the most, for one last time…”

Test text:

“… performing live with his unmatchable rock band for his loyal fans on the biggest tour of his 40 plus year career. He was extremely proud of that achievement in the days before he passed.”

Tom Petty’s family communicates after receiving the news from the coroner that Petty died from an accidental overdose of painkiller drugs.

Like Prince, who also died from an accidental overdose of painkiller drugs, Petty suffered from physical injury in the hip bone. In Petty’s case: “On the day he died he was informed his hip had graduated to a full on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his over use of medication.”

I’ve written before about the “died doing what he loved” statement. It is what people tend to say, even when it’s a tough fit. I’ve heard it used to adjust to a murder that happened to a person who was walking down the street. It’s a big cliché, but obviously entirely understandable and only worth pointing out from a great distance.

In this case, if Petty went on stage after hearing this news and played one great concert, while overusing dangerous drugs, I’m not convinced he didn’t decide to check out from this life, but there’s no suicide note, and the family should interpret the evidence in the way it likes best. There’s no greater truth than that we believe what we want to believe.

Go to Source for full article
Author: noreply@blogger.com (Ann Althouse)

Powered by WPeMatico